Friday, October 29, 2010

Bubble Tea: Coffee out, BBT In!


Whenever I hear the word Tokyo, Osaka or any place in Japan, there's this butterfly thingy happening inside me that makes me so giddy and happy at the same time. I don't know what's that, but it always brings smile to my face.

When I was a kid, my father left for Japan to work. And until now, I feel really happy looking at his pictures during his stay there - the cool climate, the rich tradition, the fusion of minimalism and intricate designs and the wonderful Japanese dishes that I'm so in love with. I wanna go to Japan really soon!

But before I pursue this dream of mine, I wanna share to you all this new foodie haven that I visited at Tomas Morato - the Bubble Tea.


I remember, not so long ago, I got so addicted to this brand of pearl shake, that I even got to the point where I lose my voice because of drinking too much of it. Hahaha!

And now, I think, I'll be addicted again, but this time to a healthier and yummier drink - milk tea!


I've been eying Bubble Tea, Tokyo Milk Tea Place (BBT) for a long time. Well, ever since I got so addicted to the fro-yo of that place on the other side of that street. And just last day, thank God, I got a chance to visit this place and got so really comfy with the modern fusion of Japanese-Western ambiance.


Their interior was really modern Japanese. It's like entering into a J/K-Pop music video with all of the cool stuff displayed on the wall.

My fascination in this place doesn't stop from the Tokyo feel that it gave me, it continues and it lingers to my palette and stomach when I finally tasted their delectable offerings!

To start this wonderful adventure at Bubble Tea, try having these mouth-watering dishes: 

Dynamite - Php295.00

Unagi (freshwater eel)  on top, and spicy tuna on the inside drizzled with teriyaki sauce.
This was the first dish that I got to taste, and this was the reason why I ate a lot that night. The taste was really an appetite booster. The flavorful play of the ingredients on this dish was that so magnificent having a plate of this is not enough. Hehe.

 Dragon - Php365.00

Prawn and unagi (freshwater eel) drizzled with teriyaki sauce and mayonnaise.

Another maki dish to die for is this one. Though, you might find the flavor  kinda similar to the Dynamite, the kick here was the dragon-like plating and the wonderfully tasting prawn inside it. You'll find yourself chewing and chewing with this dish because the rubbery combination of unagi and prawn was just so perfect for an appetizer.

If you opted to a more Japanese treat but with a modern/Western twist, these are the two dishes that I find fit for that food trip:

 Takoyaki - Php175.00

Grilled octopus-filled balls made of pancake batter, topped with mayonnaise, katsuobushi and sweet soy sauce.

Comparing this to the takoyakis I had before, this version was so far the BEST! And I know you'll agree with me once you got a taste of this dish from BBT.

The takoyaki was already delicious, but with that soy sauce and katsuobushi, it was made even more delectable. Kids and kids-at-heart will definitely enjoy having this one because of its comforting flavor that will put you at ease.

 Okonomiyaki - Php215.00

Batter wrapped around meat and vegetables, topped with mayonnaise. Pizza Japanese style.

For a real Japanese/Western treat, why not try their Japanese style pizza! Oh, this one was simply fantastic. I find the combination of tastes kinda challenging, distinguishing which is which, but at the end I found myself nodding with a smile plastered on my satisfied face. Really clever!

To dig in more and to really fill my tummy, I indulge to their unique fusion of Western and Japanese tastes with their main entrees:

Salmon Foil Yaki - Php345.00

Steamed salmon fillet wrapped in foil.
For figure and health conscious, you must not forgot to have this dish. The salmon tasted good giving me the impression that it was cooked really well. With its mere aroma, it'll bring you to the roots of Tokyo but with a splash of Mediterranean islands.
Tonkatsu Omurice- Php265.00

Breaded pork cutlet on vegetable and Tokyo fried rice omelet.

For a real tummy-filling, Pinoy style treat, this dish will just close the deal for you. This dish was like getting the pearl from it shell, because beneath that shell-looking pork cutlet is the Tokyo Fried Rice that I found really good. Lip-smacking good.! :-P

And if you thought, the term "fusion" was underrated with all of those dishes, wait til I tell you about these next dishes.

 Tori Pesto Spaghetti - Php265.00


Pan-fried chicken with pesto cream sauce.

Believe it or not, to my surprise, too, the dish that I loved the most and will be the reason if one of these days you will see me hanging out  in their Tomas Morato branch up to the last minute of their working day was this Tori Pesto Spaghetti.

The flavor was just like a bomb, exploding in my mouth covering my palette with nothing but delicious bits of flavor! This pesto was, by far, the best pesto that I had in my whole life! Hahaha!

NO KIDDING! I really, really enjoyed this one!

The flavor was perfectly balanced. Just like a comfort food putting everything to its right order. I really love this pesto!!!

Match this with the Honey Dew Melon with egg pudding, and you'll have a match made in BBT!! Woo-hoo! I just love those two! :-P

To end this kinda Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift adventure, you can cap the whole thing with their sweet offerings.
Double Chocolate Milkshake - Php135.00 - medium - Php145.00 - tall

This double chocolate milkshake is perfect for chocolate lovers. The refreshing chocolate take on this drink is kid friendly.

And for the finale, sweet ending as they say., you must try the owner's wifey's homemade pastries. 

The Cookies and Cream Cake is the love!!!


Bubble Tea has branches in SM North EDSA, SM Megamall, Tomas Morato and soon (this November) in Wilson Street, San Juan City.


You can check out their Facebook Fan Page through this link: (http://www.facebook.com/tokyobubbletea).

And  this Halloween season, they have this contest, the PICHUR PICHUR Contest, which you can also check out, though this link: PICHUR PICHUR CONTEST (http://www.facebook.com/tokyobubbletea?v=wall#!/photo.php?fbid=163494110345261&set=a.163493707011968.39130.120012678026738).


Oh, I found a new haven, a haven called Bubble Tea! :-)
So, friends, family and lovers, let's altogether say "BBT Time!"


Happy eating! Happy drinking!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails