Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Singapore Food Street at SM Megamall

Now, your craving towards authentic Singaporean dishes is nothing more but a few steps away. Located at our beloved SM Megamall nests a one-stop-shop of delectable Singaporean dishes from you favorite Singapore's fancy restaurant or just along the street of this highly-urbanized city. This is My Singapore Food Street.


Propped up to share that pleasant and welcoming Singaporean street vibe, My Singapore Food Street is business entrepreneur Jean Henri Lhuillier and Asian TV personality and celebrity chef Vivien Tan latest offering to Singaporean food lovers in Metro Manila is sure to suffice with those flavors that speak of its origin.


Vivien Tan

From the abundance of the Singaporean food culture, I was able to savor some of My Singapore Food Street bests, starting with their colorful appetizer that's sure brought colorful to my dull noon that day.


Located at the 2nd level Bridgeway of SM Megamall, My Singapore Food Street allows me to savor Singapore's flavorsome culture, and it started with this vibrant-color Laksa, which spice boosted up my appetite. This one is really spicy, but if you don't want it that way, I believe you could ask for a milder one beforehand.

Laksa - Php185.00

I had two rice meal options that day, and since this is my first time here and I don't wanna miss a chance of enjoying both dishes, I tried their versions of Hainanese Chicken and Nasi Goren, which offer two uniquely different flavor but had that aroma that was really captivating.

Hainanese Chicken Meal - Php195.00

Nasi Goreng - Php175.00

The Hainanese Chicken was a little tender for me, which is quite good, because it gave me this feeling that it was really cooked. The only thing that I actually didn't enjoy on this meal was the rice. It was a little dry and sticky.

But as for the Nasi Goreng, if you like fried rice, you will love this one. Just make sure that you are ready for the spice that will kick your butt because the spice in this dish has some real kick. But if you wanna fire up, I suggest that you add My Singapore Food Street's 5 Spice Tofu.

5 Spice Tofu - Php80.00

Diced  fried tofu in Chinese rice wine, ginger, five spiced powder, sliced mushroom, black pepper, dark soy sauce and garnished with fresh spring onion, this one is best partnered with steamy white rice or you can just it just the way it is partnered with cold beer.

For some enjoyable dish for everyone, the Char Kway Teow, which is stir fired, flat and yellow mee noodles  mixed with togue, garlic, onion, Chinese sausage, egg, fish cake, shrimp then seasoned with dark soy sauce and Thai patis.

Char Kway Teow - Php195.00

Satay Chicken - Php250.00/8pcs.

Or you might want to try these smoky flavored Satay Chicken, which are marinated in ginger, lemongrass, onion and special spices.

Uniquely prepared Singaporean drinks and desserts should also be on your list when you visit My Singapore Food Street, and two of the most relaxing and delicious drinks that I got to enjoy here are these.

                            Teh Tarik - Php75.00        Frozen Milo Dinosaur - Php110.00

As a bonus treat, chefs will be gladly to demonstrate to you how they make you "kopi" or Teh Tarik. Nad yeah, they are doing it with no tricks at all! Cool!


My Singapore Food Street gave us, diners, an enjoyable gastronomic experience from their wide selection of signature meals to their contemporary approach that satisfied our Filipino appetite, which is basically good food with its reasonably priced dishes.

For more information on My Singapore Food Street, you may visit their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MySingaporeFoodStreet. Don't hesitate to discover a fusion of cultures, at My Singapore Food Street, Asian food comes hot smelling good and tasting event better!

Thank you and til next time, My Singapore Food Street!
Happy eating!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails