Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Modern Indian Taste at Namaste India

Namaste meaning “I bow to you” is one of the popular Indian greetings that are known worldwide. It is a symbol of every Indian to give respect to their elders, traditions, gods and guests.

And now, as I discover this new place at Bonifacio Global City (BGC) named Namaste India, let’s pay respect to one of the world’s most wonderful and festive cuisines – Indian cuisine.


I barely have Indian food because for once, I’m not a fan of spicy food. Thankfully, at Namaste India they serve something that caters Filipino’s tolerance towards spicy food and that’s one reason why you should pay a visit at this place.

If you’re a vegetarian or if you’re a Muslim and looking for some halal dishes, this place is a must-try. 




But before you start digging in, don’t forget to order some drinks. You know, just to make sure you’ll not throw up. Hehehe. And for that, I recommend you Strawberry Lassi. I love it! Love, love, love it! It tasted like yogurt. In fact the owner said that it is the Indian’s version of yogurt but a lot sweeter and will help you a lot to cleanse your tongue with all the spices that you’re going to have.

Strawberry Lassi – Php80.00

So, for appetizer we had three kinds, two chicken dishes and one fish dish.

Chicken Seekh Kebab – Php140.00

Chicken Reshmi Kebab – Php140.00


Fish Tikka – Php200.00

I might say that you may have a hard time saying the names and noticing the difference, but once they arrived on your table, I’m sure that you’ll remember them one by one because they have distinct flavour that will crave you for more.

And out of these three dishes, I think I was hooked with the Chicken Seekh Kebab. They look like the Chinese’s kikiam but a lot tastier.

For vegetarians, don’t worry, because they have this Golden Cauliflower for appetizer. And believe it or not, I think I loved it more that the first three meat appetizers.

Golden Cauliflower – Php160.00

One should have when visiting an Indian restaurant is naan. Naan is very popular for Mediterranean cuisines. It’s like our rice; we don’t count it as a meal unless there’s a cup of rice with it.

And the best way to have a naan is buttered. Though, there’s nothing much of a difference with the regular naan, I think, why not give it a shot, right?

Buttered Naan – Php70.00

And the best partner that Namaste India recommended to us with our Buttered Naan is Machchi Masala.

Machchi Masala – Php225.00

This tasty deep was really good. The curry flavour was blended well that will make you dig in for more. Surprisingly, yeah, I liked it! And surprisingly, it wasn’t that spicy. The aroma will just fool with this one.

As for the naan, it was good too. You’ll have like three naans in one basket, so I think, not bad, a group of three can enjoy this Indian dishes.

But if you really want something heavy, like rice, Namaste Indian also has it. They have the regular rice, or if you’re a vegetarian, they have these Vegetarian Rice dishes.

Kashmiri  Pullow Php180.00


Prawn Pullow – Php245.00

I like the Prawn Pullow. The festive color says it all.

And, of course, just like any cuisine, it wouldn’t be complete without any sweets, or should I say desserts.

They offered us Gulab Jamun, a yummy cheese ball dipped in this sweet syrup - vanilla I think.

Gulab Jamun – Php80.00

It’s not bad, especially for its price. This is a sweet way to end this wonderful Indian food adventure.

But if you want something sweet and cold, well you should have the Indian ice cream called Kulfi.

Kulfi – Php125.00

This homemade ice cream with nuts and pistachio was really good. That’s because I love pistachio ice cream! Wee!

And the last but not the least, to finally end this Indian feast, a cup of Masala Chai will do the final bow.

Masala Chai – Php80.00 

It was my first time to have an Indian tea, and I never thought that it’ll stay in my mouth for like two or three days after. Actually, I’m still craving for it now. The aroma was really unforgettable. How I wish that my Ermats know how to do this. Hehe.




It’s been a wonderful experience dining at Namaste India. And even though they just opened two months ago, I think with their food, they’ll go a long way. I just hope that they’ll have more of that Bollywood-ish place. Diners nowadays consider the beauty of the place to totally count it as a great place to dine in, and with a little bit of Indian touch, this will be a Nirvana to all of the Indian cuisine aficionados.

Namaste, Namaste India!
Till next time!




Namaste India
Monday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m
Unit 1A Kensington Place, 1st Ave. corner 29th St.
Burgos   Circle, Crescent Part West,
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.
(02) 403-6088





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails