Monday, October 13, 2014

A Taste of the Highlands

There are days that we are just too lazy to go out, too lazy to cook food and to some extent too lazy to take a bath - well, I've been there and done that. But recently, due to rains and flooded areas, I got too lazy to get some decent food again, so instead of going out, I cooked myself some comfort food through the help of Highlands Premium Corned Beef.


Rain is really killing my social life. When you least expect it, the rain is so unstoppable that we don't have a choice but to stay at home and bore ourselves to death. Gladly, this time, my love for food kicked in that I picked up my ass and started whipping some nice comfort food for me and for my family.


When Highlands Corned Beef entered the Philippine market a few years ago, I know that they'll have a hard time penetrating the market. With some other brands that have been there and proven their quality, Highlands has some challenges to face, sadly for those other brands, Highland has this unique flavor and style that are just captivating and comforting at the same time.


What I like about this brand is the texture of corned beef. Every bite tastes good and natural, no preservative or extender at all. And since this one is "Premium", expect a better kind. The Angus Beef used is just nice, specially when I cooked it, the aroma was so inviting.

I only partnered it with an egg, and hell yeah, it was so good. I'd definitely stock more of this at home, juts to be sure that I'll have some comfort ready to fill my rainy bad days with some sun-shiny, filling food!

Keep it up, Highlands! Happy eating!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails