Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Garliciously Krazy Garlik

If you love garlic – fresh, whole, crushed, sautéed, fried or even sweetened, this is the best place for you. I am honestly not a big fan of garlic, one reason why sometimes I don’t like Marinara Pasta, but with Krazy Garlik, I think something is about to change.


With Krazy Garlik, I’d be lying if I say I didn’t fell in love all over again. It was a rekindled love for garlic when I got to experience this new foodie joint at the second level of Greenbelt 5 in Ayala Center, Makati City.

With its outstanding theme just like its sister foodie joints, T.G.I.Friday’s, Italiannis, Fish & Co., Flapjacks, Billy Rock and Pig Out, Krazy Garlik has this Alice in Garlicland that will surely be a hit to all foodies.


As for their menu, it was like being one of the judges of Iron Chef where the main ingredient of the day is “garlic.” Their dishes come from the different parts of the world, but with a garlic twist on it and I’m sure that will surely challenge our palettes by this simple ingredient.
So now, it’s time for a quick taste bud tour around the world!

For starter, we had their suggested appetizers - a sure fire hit to start a garlicious meal.

Garlic and Anchovy – Php190.00

Gambas Al Ajillo – Php310.00

Creamy Garlic Fondue – Php255.00

Garlic and Anchovy has this roasted garlic cloves in olive oil topped with anchovies - it was good. The next one is Gambas Al Ajillo which is shrimps sautéed in olive oil mixed with a lot of garlic - this one was good too. The taste is a perfect palette stimulator and the shrimps tasted really fresh. But my favourite of them all, the Creamy Garlic Fondue. I cannot believe that I found my self just dipping and scooping off all of that tasty garlicky cheese dip with my garlic bread over and over again – really, really delicious.

As for our main course, we ordered quite a lot, and really enjoyed all of them…. Well, maybe except to this one – the Hara Kiri Rice.

Hara Kiri – Php365.00

Hara Kiri Rice was good. Actually, the flavour was oozing with greatness. It’s just that I never thought that it would be that spicy. I find it hard to eat it because every time I took a bite, I ended up drinking over and over again just to quench the spiciness it brought to my mouth – truly a Hara Kiri for me.

Garlicky Crispy Pata – Php595.00

Pork Rib Adobo – Php415.00

Seafood Oriente – Php465.00

Seafood Fettuccine a la Diablo – Php425.00

Meanwhile, the Galicky Crispy Pata is one of their takes to Filipino dishes and I believe that they gave justice to this country’s favourite “ulam” or “pulutan”. The infusion of garlic to this dish was really good. And I think this was one of the crowd’s favourite, too, that night.

On the other hand, the Pork Rib Adobo was also a crowd favourite. The sumptuous, flavourful sauce that covers the pieces of meat has this playful flavour that even kids will love.

And lastly, the last two dishes that we had are almost the same, and that only noticeable difference of Seafood Fettuccine a la Diablo to Seafood Oriente is its color brought by its spiciness. So if you like something to enflame you, go ahead and try the Seafood fettuccine a la Diablo, its spiciness is a little tolerable than Hara Kiri.

And if you have pasta instead of their rice dishes, well, I guess there’s no other perfect partner for it than a delicious, garlic-filled pizza!

Garlic Snowflake – Php385.00

Now, this is my most favourite! And you have to try it to know why I super love it! I can’t explain it in words! Hahaha!

If there’s one dish that I would love to have every time I visit this joint, this is it!

And just like what I always say, a wonderful food escapade wouldn’t be complete if we didn’t end it the sweet way. And there’s only way to end it the sweet way - that’s by having dessert!

Have you tried having sweetened or candied garlic? Well, how about a leche flan with garlic?

Crema Catalana – Php195.00 

It was my first time to try sweet garlic, and as shocking as it was, it was good! Actually great! Garlic as dessert? Now, that’s one great reason why you should pay a visit at Krazy Garlik.

I would like to thank my good companion, The Shadow, for helping me cleansing my mouth for every garlic dish that I had in this garlicky gastronomic adventure.

The Shadow – Php250.00

It was nice to know that a mysteriously named drink like The Shadow can help me able to enjoy a toothsome dinner here at Krazy Garlik.


Til next time, Krazy Garlik!

I’ll make sure that I’ll indulge to your garlic dishes more next time with an appetite as big as an elephant! Hahaha!

Krazy Garlik
2nd Level, Greenbelt 5
Open from 11:00a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
(02) 501-3752

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails