Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lenten Goodness from Figaro!

I know, I know, I know. Despite of the church's call to do some fasting, I'm here posting a delicious food blog like this. I'm bad!!! Hehe. Blame me all you want, but with they all look so nice, smell was really captivating and the taste... oh, heavenly! And guess, what they are perfect for the Lent! So, I guess, the church can forgive me on this one, right?


This year, as the whole country repent and ask for forgiveness this Lenten Season, Figaro Coffee Company presents a line of Lent-friendly dishes that will surely hit the right spot of your cravings.

Enjoy some non-meat pizza and pasta dishes from Figaro from their guiltless Spagnolo Sardine Pizza, Magherita Pizza and Aglio Olio Pasta!

Spagnolo Sardine Pizza - Php179.00

Magherita Pizza - Php179.00

Aglio Olio Pasta - Php179.00

Dig in to these mouthwatering dishes that you and your family and friends will surely love. If I'm not mistaken, they released a somehow the same Lenten dishes last year, and I'm just so glad that they do keep the Margherita Pizza. It is my most favorite pizza, and I will never get tired having that, believe me!

If you want a more unique and challenging dish, Spagnolo Sardine Pizza is a must-try. Topped with Spanish sardines that added a little spice to the whole dish, you'll also enjoy the crunchy thin-crust as well as the melted pizza and mozzarella cheeses that covered the whole lot. This one is really yummy too, though, for me, nothing can still beat the Margherita Pizza. Hehe.

And if you want something heavy, they serve Aglio Olio in big servings, could be good for sharing! This one is perfect for those tiring hot Lenten days. It would also be perfect for kids too, but don't forget to ask their servers to remove or do not add chili flakes in it. :-)

Other Lent-related meals that you can also order from Figaro are these Dinner Meals, which goes with the But 1 Get 1 at 50% off promo. This promo is only available in Alabang Town Center, Cattleya, Emerald, Glorietta, Greenbelt, Shangri-la, Robinsons Place Manila, Festival Mall, Gateway, Liberty, Tomas Morato, SM City North EDSA Sky Garden and SM City Sta. Rosa from 6:00 p.m. onwards. Comes with Lemonade, this good deal is great especially if it in case you are saving some moolah for church donations. *wink*

Tofu Steak Rice - Php150.00

Chicken Rice Bake - Php150.00

The Tofu Steak Rice tasted a lot better than the Chicken Rice Bake, so if I were you, especially if you are on a date, the Tofu Steak Rice is the best choice.

Lent is the season of renewing our faith. It is also the season of asking for forgiveness and paying tribute to Christ's sacrifices, but lets not forget that with these modern times, it is important to still keep healthy and strong... Thank God, there are offerings like these that will still shed some smile on our faces.

Happy eating!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails